I was in the middle of an experiment when the Google Panda updates were rolled out. I was trying to see if a simple link building method would work well for getting me good rankings in Google. I wasn’t sure if it would work, and to be honest I almost quit when the Panda updates were rolled out, but I am sure glad I didn’t…. because the results are way better than I could have expected.
Check out my results for yourself here – this is a current screenshot from my October 2011 in my getclicky account.
I want you to keep in mind a few things about this site:
• I built this site out in the middle of Panda updates. – That means what I did is working even after Panda. YEAH!!!
• About 90% of the content for this site was not written by me personally – but it is all original.
• This is a product site, with all Amazon products. Every page has an Amazon affiliate link or three. It is now selling about 1 to 5 items a day. I love seeing those sales add up. But this method would work for any type of site as long as the jasminelive content is decent.
• This is a large authority style of site that targets hundreds of keywords.
• I targeted an average of 4 keywords per page – Many of the keywords I target get less than 100 visitors a month in the Google Keyword tool, while some get 1000s. I just picked keywords that were related to the featured products. It was my only criteria.
• I did NO competition analysis at all.
• I have all of those keywords and URLs on a spreadsheet and link 9 times to each primary keyword and 3 times each to each secondary keyword. I also do about 25% of my links to the domain name of the site. But the links drip out at only one per site per day.
• The KEY to these results in consistent action over time. Thankfully I use a system that allows me to get these results without actually having to get back links every day myself, and I’ll show you exactly how I did it.
The Big Secret That Isn’t So Secret
We all know that consistent link building is the KEY to successful SEO campaigns, but it is a big fat pain in the tushy. That is why I figured out how to do it without having to do a whole lot of work on my part.
This system came from a burning desire to never spin another article on Jasminlive.mobi again. I HATE spinning articles. I HATE submitting articles, and in general I HATE dealing with getting backlinks. So… being very true to myself I hired a girl from the Philippines to do that for me (I have a WSO being released in the next couple of months on how to hire and train someone effectively – if there is something you want to know just put a comment in the box below).
But you DON’T have to hire someone to do this for you. You can do it yourself, and still have it be effective.
The basic system is SO easy, it is almost unbelievable. I used Postrunner exclusively for the backlinking. Postrunner is a blog network that is run by the Keyword Academy. It allows you to post directly to blogs owned by various people. You have to join the Keyword Academy to use it (It’s no WordPress Goldmine community, but the Postrunner system is the bomb). I did a whole study on how to use it effectively about a year ago. You can find that information on Postrunner here.
So for this case study here is what I did.
I had my spreadsheet made up with all of my keywords. Then I had my girl write 8 articles a day (my new girls can do 12 – I’ve refined my systems), link to two different pages on my site in each article, and schedule the articles to drip out on postrunner at a rate of 1 per day. I had her record it all on my spreadsheet.
You can schedule these links indefinitely into the future, which makes for a great system.
I haven’t done any work on the backlinking for this in at least three months and have links scheduled out until the end of November. I guess it’s time to have my girls add some more. J It is truly a set and forget system. The hardest part is to keep scheduling the articles out, when at the beginning the progress is SLOW. But as you can see it is worth it.
How to get these results for yourself (if you don’t have outsourcers):
There are two basic approaches you can take to this.
1. Use an outsourcing service – like the one I offer ($45 for 10 articles posted to postrunner for you – wpgoldmine and jasmin live members get a discounted rate – so let me know if you found me from there)
2. Do it yourself.
If you are going to write the articles yourself (which is what I did for a LONG time) then this is the approach I recommend. Write two articles for your site, then schedule 18 backlinks to each article (9 to primary, 3 to each secondary) using Postrunner (you get two backlinks per article). Then do it again. If you follow this process consistently, and do decent keyword research you are pretty sure to get results.
The other option is to write all of your on site content first and then schedule out your backlinks. Either way works just fine. The approach just depends on your personality.
So there you have it. How to get from 0 to 100 visitors a day with one backlink a day. If you like this post please comment below and tweet it or like it for me.